Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Waiting



The verse jumped off the page and was a lifeline that day.....


"Be still and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10

So I stilled.  And in the stillness I shut out the world.  And for weeks I sat only with Him, in prayer, in His word, and in random moments of the day.  It wasn't pretty.  I unleashed my anger at Him and pleaded for a different way (my way) and answers...He can take it after all.  I eventually wore myself out, like a small child after a sobbing-tantrum session has come to an end.  I became so calm, sitting there in my corner. 

"Why God?  Why do you have me waiting on so much right now?"

My daughter be confident that what I have started, I will see to completion. (Phillipians 1:6)  My understanding of waiting is not the same as your own.  Waiting is not just to be in hopeful expectation.  To be "waiting" with Me, is to shut out the world, focusing on me, and engaged in the tension filled conversations we have together in that time. Waiting is where the work of binding you up with me like strands together in a cord,... intertwining with you,... strengthens you,...in me.  (Ecclesiastes 4:12 and Isaiah 40:31)  This is the connecting lifeline I throw out to you in the struggles of life.

"Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength..." - Isaiah 40:31



A Gentle Challenge:
Are you in a waiting mode with God?  Tell Him how you feel.  Open up to Him.  Pray. Journal. Scream. Cry.  He gives you permission.  Do the work of the "waiting".  After all, this is where He strengthens you and you become stronger together in your relationship with Him.





1 comment:

  1. glad to see you writing again. hugs to you. great reminder.

    ReplyDelete